Sleep is one of the main components of the health formula. How to restore it, use the advice of our doctors.
- Regular Daily Routine Rise, meditate, eat, work, exercise, play, and sleep at the same time every day. Go to bed by 10 p.m., which is the end of the Kapha period, when the mind and body are naturally drowsier. If you are not currently accustomed to being regular about your routine, start by writing down a schedule to follow for the first few weeks.
- Relaxing Activities in the evening Read, listen to soft music, play with children and/or animals. A short walk after dinner is helpful. After sunset, Kapha qualities increase, which are heavy, calming, and sleep-inducing.
- Aromatherapy Use essential oils such as lavender, marjoram and chamomile, and florals like jasmine, rose and neroli in the bedroom just before going to bed.
- Stop, work! During the Kapha time of night between 6-10 p.m., the nervous system and cortisol levels should be winding down. Avoid watching TV, exercising or being on your computer for at least one hour before bedtime, as it stimulates the nervous system and blocks melatonin production. Blue light filters help support melatonin production, but they do not stop the overstimulation of the mind.
- Self-massage before sleeping Massage your head and the bottom of your feet with warm sesame oil or ghee. Do not overstimulate the head by rubbing it too hard. For moderate sleep concerns, give yourself a gentle, full-body self-massage followed by a warm bath. In postmenopausal women with sleep imbalances, an evening, full-body oil massage supports healthy sleep cycles. You can use the Ayurvedic Abhayangha massage technique.
- The glass of milk Warm milk has certain peptides that help lower cortisol and support healthy sleep. Add a little honey
- Good sleeping on natural way Try the following natural sleep aids:
- Nutmeg: one large pinch of nutmeg stirred into one cup of warm milk.
- Poppy seeds: soak 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seeds for a few hours in one cup of warm water or milk. Drink warm.
- Chamomile tea: 1 teabag or 1 teaspoon loose leaves, brewed with one cup of water.
- Dreamking herbal formula: adults 3 to 6 capsules at night, for children 2 capsules at bedtime or as directed by the doctor. (To order it on calendulapharmacy.com).
- Warm and silence Keep your head and feet warm. Use a hot water bottle under your feet or on your belly, and a cotton nightcap for your head. In the bedroom, avoid things like reading, or watching some programs on your gadget.