The human reproductive system consists of male and female genital organs and structures. Their growth and activity are regulated by hormones. The main function of the system is a creation of male and female germ cells (gametes), ensuring the offspring growth and development.
Genital organs abnormalities are divided into three groups:
- inflammatory diseases – caused by pathogenic germs,
- hormonal sexually transmitted diseases – develop due to the organs of endocrine system function imbalance.
- diseases of the genital organs of a hyperplastic or dystrophic nature – neoplasms, cysts and tumors.
The treatment of most of them is not a specialized field of our medical institution work, but we use the best practices of Ayurvedic medicine in order to maintain the health and youth of the reproductive system and achieve successful results. There are frequent cases when after a course of treatment in our clinic the childless couples bear children.
Genital sphere disorders treated in the CALENDULA:
Decreased sex drive is a disorder of sexual function, which is manifested by a decrease in sexual drive. It can be caused by various reasons (general diseases, long-lasting sexual continence, endocrine organs abnormalities, certain preparations intake, etc.). Dysfunction is dangerous in that it leads to an imbalance of sexual life regularity, causes the development of congestion in the pelvis, psychological problems.
Low testosterone. Testosterone is the main sex hormone in the male body. It is produced in the testicles and in the cells of suprarenal cortex and is responsible for the development of secondary sexual characters in boys during puberty. The maximum level of testosterone in men is observed at the age of 18-30 years, after which begins to decrease gradually. Low testosterone in men leads to the development of reproductive and erectile dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction is an erection disorder in which it is impossible to have sexual intercourse. A similar sexual dysfunction increases with age and is observed in 70% of men aged 60 years and older.
Male and female infertility is the inability of a couple to conceive a child with regular sex life without the use of contraceptives. A few decades ago, the inability to conceive a child in 80% of cases was due to female abnormalities, now this percentage is 55-60%. In other cases, the man is infertile.
Menopause is a period of sexual function decrement in women due to physiological hormonal changes in the body. Usually this process begins after 45 years and lasts about 10 years. It is manifested by the gradual interruption of menstrual flux. The main symptoms of menopause in women: sudden “hot flashes”, increased irritability, tearfulness, sweating, pressure fluctuations, somnipathy, etc.
Male menopause – in men this period also begins, accompanied by hot flashes, a feeling of heat, sweating, tachycardia, arterial tension drops, erection decrease. This usually occurs between 50 and 60 years. A decrease in testosterone production is manifested in a change of prostatic gland (prostate) structure and impaired activity. One of the serious problems of menopause in men is signs of prostate adenoma.
Leucorrhoea – rheuma from the vaginal opening are associated with candida fungus. Antibiotics are traditionally prescribed to treat these disorders. But the cause of disease can be hiding in dysbacteriosis: a thin film separates the straight intestine and vaginal opening, the same lymphatic and venous sinuses nourish and discharge blood. With dysbacteriosis, the capillary system is disturbed, pathogenic flora penetrates into the vaginal opening. In this case, the body decontamination and bowel function recovery are important.
To treat such disorders, we use the best practices of Ayurvedic medicine. The oldest medical system has a separate field dealing with the issues of sexual health, rejuvenation of both the female and male reproductive systems, – Vajikarana.
Vajikarana, in turn, is a subsection of Rasayana, a therapy aimed at preventing and stopping the aging process. Ayurveda considers the possibility of both slowing down the aging of the whole body, and specific organs rejuvenation. Many methods are used for this:
- nutrition is a specially composed menu which should include the products that support endocrine profile: for men, protein, which quickly turns into testosterone, is important, for women – phytoestrogens;
- phytotherapy – for thousands of years, Ayurveda has identified the most effective plants for the female and male reproductive system recovery. For example, Withania Somnifera normalizes the release of luteinizing and follicle-stimulating hormones, recovers the functions of ovaries and myometrium. Other plants that significantly affect the reproductive systems are Órchis, Asparagus lucidus L., and Asparagus officinális;
- rasayana-preparations Ayurveda has created a huge number of medicines from herbals for rejuvenation and treatment of genital organs. They are called rasayana and vajikarana – by the name of therapeutic systems. In addition to herbal ingredients, precious metals and minerals are added to their formulations. With repeated burning and grinding, these components turn into an organic compound – basma, which is a synergist for plants, enhances their effect and increases efficiency;
exercises – in yoga and pranayama there are a number of techniques that are able to strengthen and tighten certain ground of muscles, including the pelvic floor, vaginal opening, buttocks, abdomen;
- procedures – special massages and applications are used to rejuvenate the organs of reproductive system – contracting, cooling, heating, moisturizing, and other techniques affecting the skin, connective tissue and muscular system. Marma therapy methods allow using additional heat and pressure to stimulate certain points, cause reflex tension or compression, and thus increase tissue tone. Oil and milk baths are also useful. When the whole body is immersed in a similar solution, fat-soluble substances penetrate through the skin, which are released from certain fruits, plants, ingredients of animal origin;
- endotherapy – syringing, tampons, suppositories affect the deep muscles of the vaginal opening, uterus, adnexa from the inside, tighten up, contract, moisten and nourish.
Recommended programs: “Rasayana – Vajikarana”, “Complex Panchakarma”;